Art therapy for kids and teenagers
For the academic 2018-2019 year, there is a great chance to attend the certification author’s course on
“ART THERAPY FOR KIDS & TEENS”
This course is accredited by the Institute of Development of Practical Psychology and the Association of Psychologists and Psychotherapists.
We are looking forward to welcoming:
psychologists and psychotherapists, social teachers, social workers, medical professionals, pedagogues who are interested in the psychological counseling for kids and teenagers as well as students of psychological faculties.
The training course consists of 10 modules.
10 modules. Each therapy training module contains 10 academic hours of art therapy theory and practice for kids and teenagers. The course consists of 100 academic hours. There is 1 module per month on weekends.
At the end of the course, participants who have successfully gained CERTIFICATION according to the results of 10 modules, obtain two CERTIFICATES together with the supplement indicating topics and hours of this course.
This training consists of:
acquisition of the art therapy techniques succeeded by discussion, mini-lectures, supervision of various practical examples, demonstration, skills training, creation of the original products.
As a result, you will get the following bonuses:
Bonus № 1. Perception of the art therapy strategies and methods as a single system for helping kids and teenagers and acquisition of practical skills in applying certain tools.
Bonus № 2. Participation in the supervision group for family art therapy. A long-term communication in the professional psychological environment.
Bonus № 3. Acquisition of an effective model of art therapy support for kids and teenagers on a practical level.
Bonus № 4. Practice of individual and group art therapy for kids and teens.
Bonus № 5. Realization of the reasons of conflict with your inner child.
Bonus № 6. Finding out new information about the children’s art therapist profession.
Bonus № 7. Handout materials on each module, that’s why all time will be focused on learning the peculiarities of the children’s art therapist profession and acquisition of the new techniques through experiencing lifestyle of a psychological counselor and a client.
What will you get as the result of this psychoeducation:
- As a result, you will obtain 2 certificates with supplements at once: from the Institute of Development of Practical Psychology and the Association of Psychologists and Psychotherapists.
- 85 hours of art therapy theory and practice for kids and teenagers.
- A graduated certified specialist with practical experience in the field of psychology, family counseling and art therapy will conduct training for more than 15 years, which indicates a systematic representation of the material and the opportunity to share unique experience.
- There are more than 150 productive techniques in different art therapy trends.
- 5-hour supervision for practicing art therapy techniques in counseling and diagnostics for kids and teens.
- There are also 10 diverse training modules, as a result of which you will grow as professional children’s art therapist and get a clear algorithm for working with different queries.
- In the end of this training, you will get 4 bonuses: acquisition of the basic art therapy techniques for working with the requests of kids and teens, a lot of personal discoveries, gaining more confidence in cooperation with clients, being even more successful at selling your services.
- The training program consists of 10 interconnected and internally logic modules. Theory and practice, teamwork and involvement of all participants help each lesson to cover the declared topic in a consistent manner.
The teacher and supervisor of the course:
Cherepiekhina Olha Anatolyevna is a Candidate of Psychological Sciences, associate professor, the head of The Institute of Development of Practical Psychology, a lecturer of psychology since 2001, a practicing psychologist since 1998, a certified art therapist, sexologist, family psychologist, child psychologist, Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Pedagogy, Master of Psychology, the honorary member of the Association of Psychotherapists and Psychoanalysts, member of the Ukrainian Association of Organizational and Work Psychologists, a member of the East-Ukrainian Art Therapy Association, coach, business coach, therapist in the sphere of psychosomatic disorders treatment (international certificates), a certified leader of the psychological tabletop games (“Wheel of Life”, “Goddess in Every Woman”, “Successful Solutions”, “Flat Cake”, “Anarchy”, etc.), coach of the author’s training and therapeutic programs, the organizer of the All Ukrainian Festival of “Art Practices”, the organizer of the All Ukrainian Forum “Crisis as a Resource”, psychologist of the “TELESCHOOL” project, the author of more than 250 scientific and methodological publications, study guides for university students; the author and leader of training long-term projects for helping professions’ specialists, master classes for psychologists, therapeutic groups, supervisory group for psychologists.
THE PROGRAM includes deep techniques of art therapy for kids and teenagers in the following trends:
- visual art therapy;
- clay and dough therapies;
- music therapy;
- psychotherapeutic work with glass;
- make-up and mask therapies;
- body art therapy;
- aqua typing, monotyping;
- resource art therapy;
- tabletop and card psychological games;
- OH cards;
- doll therapy, fairytale therapy;
- mandala therapy; hokku writing;
- film therapy;
- sand play and much more.
The course program:
“INTRODUCTION TO ART THERAPY FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: finding out more about the principles and peculiarities of art therapy for kids and teenagers, the mechanisms and potentials of art therapy effects, practice as an art therapist in psychological counseling for kids and teenagers.
- requirements for children’s art therapist;
- the main aspects of psychological and art therapy work with children of different ages and teenagers;
- psychological markers of children of different ages through a therapy prism;
- an equipment of the office of children’s psychologist;
- forms and methods of art therapy for kids and teenagers;
- clarifying of the query, diagnostics, psychological profiling of a child;
- specification of applying various trends of art therapy for kids and teenagers;
- the choice of art therapy means and potentials to apply art therapy methods when working with relations between parents and children;
- a systemic multimodal approach to art therapy for kids and teens.
“VIRTUAL ART THERAPY FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS OF DIFFERENT CATEGORIES” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning and working out the main visual art therapy techniques for kids and teenagers of different query categories.
- the basiс principles of visual art therapy in the work of a children’s art therapist;
- peculiarities, choice and influence of artistic materials;
- the main stages of visual art therapy;
- learning and working out the visual art therapy techniques for different categories of queries;
- the potentials of using a pictural mandala when working with kids and teenagers.
“FAIRYTALE AND DOLL THERAPIES FOR WORKING WITH THE QUERIES OF KIDS AND TEENS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning and working out the basic techniques of fairytale therapy (existing and author’s fairytales).
- the basic principles of fairy tale therapy for kids and teenagers;
- definition, functions and types of fairy tales;
- the principles of a psychological analysis of fairytales, the scheme of a psychological analysis of children’s fairytales, the analysis of Propp’s fairytale;
- the main stages of a psychotherapeutic analysis of fairy tales, the factors of effective fairy tale therapy;
- correctional, therapeutic and developing capabilities of a fairy tale;
- the basic methods of working with a fairy tale;
- the potentials of card games and metaphorical images in working with a fairy tale.
“PLAY THERAPY FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: acquisition of the play therapy techniques for kids and teenagers, working out the main techniques of play therapy.
- the basic principles of play therapy for children, the peculiarities of a game;
- the tasks and potentials of play therapy;
- the mechanisms of psycho-correctional and therapeutic impacts of a play;
- space planning and equipment of a play therapy room for children.
“SAND PLAY AND PLASTIC MATERIAL IN THERAPY FOR DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF KIDS’ AND TEENS’ QUERIES” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning and working out the techniques of sand play and plastic material (clay, dough and plasticine) art therapies.
- the basic principles and potentials of using plastic material in diagnostics and therapy for kids and teenagers;
- specification and technology for working with clay as a natural material;
- the main tasks and potentials of sand play for kids and teenagers;
- the mechanisms of psycho-correctional and therapeutic impacts on the children psyche by sand and plastic material;
- an equipping of the office of a sand play therapist;
- the main stages of sand play, the key characteristics of sand compositions.
“MUSIC, VOCAL, PHOTO- AND VIDEO THERAPIES FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning and working out the techniques of music, vocal, photo- and video therapies for kids and teens.
- application, general principles and potentials of photo- and video therapies for kids and teenagers;
- the psychological functions of photography, the basic phototherapy techniques;
- history, nature and basiс principles of using music therapy for children;
- impacts of music and vocal on the human psyche;
- an equipment of the office for music therapy.
“METAPHORICAL IMAGES, CARDS AND TABLETOP PSYCHOLOGICAL GAMES IN THERAPY FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the potentials to use metaphorical images and tabletop (card) games for kids and teens, skills training.
- the usage of non-author’s drawing and OH cards in the work of a children’s art therapist;
- considering the basic tabletop and card games for kids and teenagers;
- practical skills training;
- the selected techniques of OH cards in counseling and diagnostics for kids and teenagers.
“SPECIAL ART THERAPY FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the art therapy techniques to work with children’s fears and psychosomatics, the specifics of the group forms of psychological and corrective work with family and children, art therapy for children with health limitations, the techniques of body-oriented art therapy in dealing with neurotic and corporal disorders of kids and teenagers, skills training.
- the potentials of art therapy for kids and teenagers to overcome their fears;
- the block of art therapy techniques when working with psychosomatic disorders;
- the basic principles of art therapy in psycho-corrective work with kids and teenagers;
- the art therapy methods for diagnostics of emotional and behavioral disorders of kids and teens;
- formation mechanisms and corporal metaphor of neurotic disorders of kids and teens;
- the mechanisms of art therapy effect on corporal and neurotic symptoms.
“ART THERAPY IN THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT” *
THE OBJECTIVE: acquisition of preparation and conduction skills of diagnostics and art therapy in the school environment.
- preparation for the trainings;
- the features of team work and formation of the groups;
- the basic principles of art therapy exercises, the forms of feedback registration;
- thematic blocks for working with schoolchildren: Block 1 “Myself” (techniques and exercises). Block 2 “My feelings”. Block 3 “My body”. Block 4 “Myself and society”. Block 5 “Myself and group”, etc.
“CERTIFICATION. SUPERVISION AND QUALIFICATION MODULES” *
THE OBJECTIVE: development of skills to create the author’s original products in order to provide psychological help for kids and teens; development of skills to promote oneself as a specialist in the market of psychosocial services, the defense of the author’s program along with a psychological assistance for kids and teens if requested, obtaining a qualified feedback and assistance.
- the principles for developing a program of psychological help for kids and teens on request;
- creation and presentation of the author’s deck of OH cards as a tool of psychological assistance (or another product at the author’s will);
- creation of a personal brand, promotion of one’s own services in the sphere of psychology, presentation of portfolio;
- presentation of the author’s program of psychological help for family on request;
- discussion of the practical examples from children’s art therapy;
- the techniques and methods aimed at the professional growth of a children’s art therapist;
- bonus — three author’s art therapy techniques for working with the queries of kids and teens;
- certificates, special event.
* – the dates of modules can be coordinated with participants.
Welcome to our trainings! Always with love for you!
Zaporozhye (Zaporizhzhya, Zaporozhzhya), Ukraine
The time of trainings:
Saturday – 9.00-16.00, break time: 13.00-13.30.
Pre-register by the phone:
+380 50 531 87 37
+380 97 411 28 47
Olha Anatolyevna Cherepiekhina
Please pre-register beforehand!