Art therapy in family counseling
For the academic 2018-2019 year, there is a great chance to enroll in the certification author`s courses
“ART THERAPY IN FAMILY COUNSELING”
This course is accredited by the Institute of Practical Psychology and the Association of Psychologists and Psychotherapists.
The training course consists of 10 modules.
Each therapy training module contains 10 academic hours of art therapy theory and practice for supporting family. The course consists of 100 academic hours. There is 1 module per month on weekends.
At the end of the course, participants who have successfully gained CERTIFICATION according to the results of 10 modules, will obtain two CERTIFICATES together with the supplement indicating that you have completed certain topics and hours.
We are looking forward to welcoming:
psychologists and psychotherapists, social teachers, social workers, medical professionals, pedagogues who are interested in the psychological counseling for kids and teenagers as well as students of psychological faculties.
The format of a training course:
acquisition of the art therapy techniques succeeded by discussion, mini-lectures, supervision of various practical examples, demonstration, skills training, creation of original products.
As a result, you will gain such bonuses:
Bonus № 1. The development of ability to implement a creative approach to professional problems` solving. You`ll improve your own creativity.
Bonus № 2. Participation in the supervision group for family art therapy. A long-term communication in the professional psychological environment. Professional feedback and support of your professional growth and your family perspective.
Bonus № 3. Based on art therapy, you will acquire an effective model of psychological support for family in whole as well as for all separate members of it on a practical level.
Bonus № 4. Practice of an individual, a pair and a group art therapy.
Bonus № 5. Realization of the reasons of a conflict inside your family and the ways to resolve it, finding out new information about the art therapist profession.
Bonus № 6. Every participant will get handout materials on each module, that`s why all time will be focused on learning the peculiarities of the children`s art therapist profession and acquisition of the new techniques through experiencing lifestyle of a psychological counselor and a client.
The uniqueness of the course in terms of figures:
- 85 hours of family art therapy theory and practice.
- A graduated certified specialist with practical experience in the field of psychology, family counseling and art therapy will conduct training for more than 15 years, which indicates a systematic representation of the material and the opportunity to share unique experience.
- There are more than 150 productive techniques in the different art therapy trends.
- 5 hours of supervision for working out the art therapy techniques in counseling and diagnostics for family.
- There are also 10 diverse training modules, as a result of which you will grow as a professional art therapist and get a clear algorithm for working with different queries of one client as well as with family queries.
- The offered art therapy technologies are oriented to all age categories and queries of clients of any complexity degree.
- As a result, you will obtain at once 2 certificates with supplements and indication of specialty and area of specialization.
- The training program consists of 10 interconnected and internally logic modules. Theory and practice, teamwork and involvement of all participants help each lesson to cover the declared topic in a consistent manner.
The teacher and supervisor of the course:
Cherepеkhina Olha Anatolyevna is a candidate of psychological sciences, associate professor, the head of The Institute of Development of Practical Psychology, a lecturer of psychology since 2001, a practicing psychologist since 1998, a certified art therapist, sexologist, family psychologist, child psychologist, doctor of philosophy, master of pedagogy, master of psychology, honorary member of the Association of Psychotherapists and Psychoanalysts, a member of the Ukrainian Association of Organizational and Work Psychologists, a member of the East-Ukrainian Art Therapy Association, a coach, a business coach, therapist in the sphere of psychosomatic disorders treatment (international certificates), a certified leader of the psychological tabletop games (“Wheel of Life”, “Goddess in Every Woman”, “Successful Solutions”, “Flat cake” , “Anarchy”, etc.), a coach of the author`s training and therapeutic programs, the organizer of the All Ukrainian Festival of “Art Practices”, the organizer of the All Ukrainian Forum “Crisis as a Resource”, psychologist of the “TELESCHOOL” project, the author of more than 250 scientific and methodological publications, study guides for university students; the author and leader of training long-term projects for helping professions` specialists, master classes for psychologists, therapeutic groups, supervisory group for psychologists.
THE PROGRAM includes teaching the deep techniques of art therapy for kids and teenagers in the following trends:
- visual art therapy;
- clay and dough therapies;
- music therapy;
- psychotherapeutic work with glass;
- make-up and mask therapies;
- body art therapy;
- aqua typing, monotyping;
- resource art therapy;
- tabletop and card psychological games;
- OH cards;
- doll therapy, fairy tale therapy;
- mandala therapy; hokku writing;
- film therapy;
- sand play and much more.
The course program:
“THE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF FAMILY COUNSELING” *
THE OBJECTIVE: finding out more about the origin and principles of family art therapy, the mechanisms of family system and realization of your own role in it, practice of the art therapist position in family counseling.
- the concept of family and its types, the parameters of the family system; the stages of the family development;
- normative and non-normative family crises; functional and dysfunctional families;
- the history of appearance and types of art therapy as a tool of a psychologist profession;
- psychological and therapeutic mechanisms of art therapy;
- space of the art therapy process;
- the specific application of various art therapy trends in family counseling;
- stimulus material of art therapist, the diagnostics and therapeutic potential of art therapy in the work of a family psychologist;
- the art therapy techniques of turning complaint into a problem and a problem into query.
“ART THERAPY FOR PAIRED (MARTIAL) RELATIONSHIPS. LOVE. SEX. SEXUALITY. HARMONY” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning and realizing the partnership between men and women, their functional (resource interaction poles) and dysfunctional manifestation (conflicting interaction poles) with the help of art therapy.
- corporal art therapy for couples;
- the stages of relationships of married couples, their art diagnostics by means of visual art therapy;
- the use of OH cards when working with couples;
- the art therapy techniques when working with sexuality;
- “He and She” mandala creation;
- collage as a visualization of harmonious relationships of couple;
- fairy tale therapy in working with couples, writing of the author`s fairy tale;
- a joint drawing.
“ART THERAPY DIAGNOSTICS AND COUNSELING ON REQUEST OF THE CHILD-PARENT RELATIONSHIPS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: diagnostics, learning and working out the child-parent relationships with the help of art therapy methods, realizing the problems of relationships in childhood and adulthood, acquisition and consolidation of skills of the family art therapist when working with parents and children.
- the position of psychologist, the basic principles and techniques of art therapy for family;
- family roles: from diagnostics to art therapy and counseling;
- the block of visual art therapy techniques (“A Lamb in the Bottle”, “Family as Flowers”, “A Living House”, etc.);
- the potentials of “The Family Card” technique, working with the technique of placing family members in the picture;
- aqua typing, monotyping;
- a guided drawing.
“ART THERAPY FOR WORKING WITH TRAUMA, SYMPTOM, PSYCHOSOMATICS AND FEARS (OF CHILDREN AND ADULTS)” *
THE OBJECTIVE: acquisition of the art therapy skills to work with trauma, symptom upon family request, psychosomatics, fears of children and adults.
- the fundamentals of working with trauma in art therapy;
- the psychological content of art-therapeutic work with a symptom;
- the selected techniques for art therapy counseling of psychosomatic disorders in the family system;
- family art therapy against fears of children and adults.
“GROUP ART THERAPY FOR FAMILY” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the art therapy techniques for working with family in the group format and considering the potentials of using these techniques to work with families.
- “presentation of the family picture” at different levels with the help of art and corporal art therapies;
- work with one family member and joint family therapy: specification and distinguishing features;
- working out practical skills of the art techniques of family group therapy;
- psychological tabletop games with G. Horn`s family (the cards “Psycrets”, “Flat cake”, “Anarchy”, “Prison”), “The Wheel of Life” as a tool for working with the family;
- art therapy practices to overcome and deal with family crises.
“RESOURCE ART THERAPY FOR FAMILY” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the resource art therapy techniques and considering the potentials to use them in practice when working with family queries.
- the basic principles of resource art therapy for family;
- the potentials of the art therapy techniques focused on the activation of family resources;
- photo-therapy in family resource art therapy;
- the art therapy methods for harmonizing family relationships;
- the resource art therapy techniques in dealing with feelings of resentment and guilt;
- working out practical skills of the psychotechnics of family resource therapy.
«“THE BASIC ART THERAPY TECHNIQUES FOR WORKING WITH FAMILY REQUESTS: DOLL THERAPY, FAIRY TALE THERAPY, SAND THERAPY, OH CARDS” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the techniques of doll, fairy tale, sand therapies, OH cards and considering the potentials to use them for family queries, skills training.
- the block of doll therapy techniques for solving family queries;
- considering the basic techniques of fairy tale therapy;
- working out practical skills of sand therapy for family;
- the selected techniques of OH cards for family counseling and diagnostics.
“THE TECHNIQUES OF ART THERAPY SUPPORT FOR FAMILY: FILM, MUSIC, MANDALA, MASK AND MAKE-UP, DOUGH AND CLAY THERAPIES” *
THE OBJECTIVE: learning the techniques of film, music, mandala, mask and make-up, dough and clay therapies to provide psychological help for family, considering the potentials of using them when working with a client, skills training.
- the potentials of film therapy for family;
- the block of music therapy techniques in working with family queries;
- mandala therapy in working with the deep subconscious;
- an archaic level of the work with family: mask and make-up therapies;
- practice of the dough and clay art therapy techniques for family.
“THE CREATION OF ORIGINAL PRODUCT: THE PROGRAMS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILY AND THE AUTHOR`S DECK OF OH CARDS AS A TOOL OF PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP FOR FAMILY. SELF-MANAGEMENT IN THE MARKET OF PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES” *
THE OBJECTIVE: development of skills to create the author`s original products for psychological help for family and skills to promote oneself as a specialist in the market of psychological services.
- all the secrets of developing a psychological support program for family / one family member upon request;
- creation of the author`s deck of OH cards as a tool of psychological help for family;
- creation of a personal brand, promoting your own services in the psychological market.
“SUPERVISION. CERTIFICATION” *
THE OBJECTIVE: the defense of the author`s program of psychological help for family upon request, obtaining a qualified feedback and assistance.
- presentation of the author`s program of psychological help for family on request;
- discussion of the practical examples from family art therapy;
- the techniques and methods aimed at the professional growth of family art therapist;
- bonus — three author`s art therapy techniques for working with family queries;
- certificate, special event.
* – the dates of modules can be coordinated with participants.
|AS A THERAPIST, YOU`LL LEARN TO WORK WITH SUCH QUERIES OF CLIENTS:||AS A CLIENT, YOU`LL:|
Welcome to our training! Always with love for you!
The time of training:
Saturday – 9.00-16.00, break time 13.00-13.30.
Register via phone:
Cherepiekhina Olha Anatolyevna
Please register beforehand!